lunes, 26 de octubre de 2009

as promised

Soon after I left you, I was sitting alone in that small old crowded plane today, thinking about our weekend and how we are truly friends. I kept remembering what Derrick said... Come a certian age, people don't really change. We are all still who we were and that's a good thing.
And when I think back on the year we shared 20 years ago and why it was so special, I don't know really. All weekend, we thrashed out theories. Who said that it was our peak? Or that somewhere we shared the feeling that we were "the chosen ones". Or the awareness that we were not the same when we finished.
I think we learned quite a bit that year. Perhaps we learned to read a little more and listen a little better. We connected heart-to-heart with people from other contiennts. We asked more questions. We laughed. We even cooked - a little.
But I like to remember us walking. Walking the path to Langdell, past the Science Center, across the Yard. I like to remember us walking and talking. Like this morning.

20 years later, at Ames Hall.... if that room could talk!

7 comentarios:

Mari Pops dijo...

no me digas a mí lo de "estos son mis portarretratros" y a la derecha "mi television/espejo/weirdseinfeldthing" "mi ducha" mas abajo "mi bolsita de cosmeticos" etcetcetc.

de donde son tus amigas Ts?

por menos, mas aprendemos en Thames!

linda las fotos

Tommy Barban dijo...

La castaña ya sabemos lo que me provoca... pero bufandita naranja raja la tierra (little orange scarf breaks the ground... ok, en la traducción se pierde un poco el efecto).

What I miss the most from HLS are those sofas at one end of Langdell (right next to the lexis terminals) where you could nap or make out all afternoon instead of falling sleep over an international law hornbook. I also miss the pinball machine at the Hark and watching LA Law on Thursday night (after Cheers?) and the window of my room at Story from which I had a direct line of sight into the rooms of the chicas I liked at Ames and the fresh snow covering the yard in the mornings and reading the Phoenix to find out if Dylan or Hunter Thompson were in town and Sarah Robinson who was soooooo hot and taking the red line into Boston to drink at the dives in Little Italy and and and.

Mari Pops dijo...

OjO Tomi que bufandita ni que bufandita

Tommy Barban dijo...

Che, little orange scarf no piensa comentar one sobre my piropo?

Tommy Barban dijo...

Girlontape dice que cuando quieras te saca fotos hot

brazil (en inglé) dijo...

Beleza, Gente fina... diría un paulista. Gente de Jarbar que habla inglé

Y hablando un poco más en serio, no comulgo con "Come a certian age, people don't really change. We are all still who we were and that's a good thing."

Se cambia. Yo era hermoso, inteligente, omnipotente. El error ajeno me era incomprensible, mera debilidad. Tenía una piedra que me abarcaba pecho y cabeza.

A los 35 una sensacion de muerte me devolvió a la vida. Soy más falible, y más sensible. En ciertos aspectos mejor. La gente puede cambiar siempre.

elastichica dijo...

Hola lectores amigos- Perdon (Brasil) que no he estado muy presente.

Mary - jaja. tal cual. Muy bueno el "wierd Seinfeld thing". Una vive en Paris, la otra en Roma y la de bufandita es noruega y vive en Londres.

Gracias Mr Barban por su gestion con GoT, pero ya me ocupe de hacerme las fotos hot, que algun dia posteare.

Brasil querido - Si, todos cambiamos. Pero hay algo que hace que siga siendo la misma que hace 20 anios.
la sensacion de muerte que te devolvio la vida -esta bien eso. Cuando vuelve la humanidad. A mi me gusta como sos hoy.